Saturday, June 28, 2014

Journal entry #2

As I sit here on Saturday night after my camping trip, I am wore out. I had so much fun with the people that I love. On Thursday we took off to the JamesRiver Outfitters. We set up our camp, we fixed dinner over the open flame. We had Bratwurst and hot dogs. Some cold beer, some chips and sodas. Wow I love an open fire. We were so scared that we were going to get rained on. When we woke up on Friday morning we made breakfast. We had pancakes, bacon, and scrambled eggs. YUMMY! We had to be over at the bus stop at the camp ground by 11am so they could take us to the drop off for the kayaking. We decided we were going on the 11 mile float. Well when we finally got to the river edge about noon. We get out and guess what Cathy does? Oh yea she falls and twists her knee. Ouch. So as I sit here tonight, my entire body is so sore from going floating and paddling down the river. I wouldn't change a thing though... We had an amazing time. We all got some much needed sun and some relaxation on the river yesterday. It took us about 5 and a half hours to get back to camp. We decided to leave a night early, so we are back sooner than planned, but as we were packing up tonight, I closed the trunk with all the stuff packed in it, and here comes the rain. Wow we drove home in the pouring down rain. I'm glad I'm not sitting in that tent tonight. I heard that there is a threat of tornado's out there.
After a trip like that, that's when the work begins. I'm typing but also doing laundry and getting ready to sleep in my own bed. I love taking trips but I love coming home also.
Good night for now. See ya in the morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment