Thursday, June 12, 2014

Jung Typology reflection

I just took the Jung Typology test, I wasn't really surprised at the results that I found. I believed it was spot on in the way it described me as having a preference to Introversion over Extraversion. 44% I feel this to be very true, especially in writing. I tend to keep things to myself and am not as outgoing. When writing, it is difficult for me to express myself on paper because I don't like to put it all out there for someone else to judge my feelings and views. My feeling over thinking score was 38% . To compare this with writing it makes sense to me, if I find myself moved by something or have strong feelings about the subject being talked about, sometimes the words just flow, if I really feel a connection with the author or have had some of the same experiences, then I feel like I can talk freely.My problem with writing, is reading something that I have no interest, or feel no connection with. When I find myself connected to a life experience then I start rambling, the words get mixed up and I'm editing before it's  time. I am more of a Math person, where everything has a correct answer. By this I mean, I like to work out problems with only one possible answer. When it comes to writing, there is never a right or wrong answer, it's always up for debate.
The meaning of sensing is: At work they have a clear schedule and like to use their proven skills. I believe this fits me, I like rules and regulations. If you give me a task, I will do the best to get it right.
I think this test has defined what I've always known about my writing, and will help me in the future to lean to different sides so as to get a different perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Good reflection. Keep in mind that the indicators are designated ways we deal with the world and the definitions are slight different that the lay terms used in our conversations. For example - being introverted does not mean you are quiet and keep to yourself. I am introverted and often the center of a conversation, but I process that conversation and world privately and be myself. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete