Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Know Your Audience Blog Post #1

I have learned so many amazing things about the people that I'm taking a journey with this summer. I think it's fair to say that all of us are very proud of ourselves for making that step and taking our education to the next level. Most of us feel like this our greatest sense of accomplishment so far. Some of us would even go to a different country to study if given the chance. It looks like most of the class would be choosing Italy to study abroad. This was no great surprise to me because of the richness of the history and fun facts, like wine and food. Who doesn't love wine and food? I think the biggest surprise to me would have to be everyone's choice for a most memorable childhood experience, mine included. Quite a few of us had some horrible memories with lots of pain.
Another very big surprise to me was the amount of people who haven't been on many vacations. I thought I was the only one in the entire world who wasn't able to travel when I was a child. This is something that I can see from the posts of my peers will be changing in their lives, if they have the opportunity to change it. Most of us dream of going somewhere, and why not? If you are going to dream, dream big right? Well, if we could all remember our dreams anyway. This was something I didn't really expect either. Most of this class doesn't remember their dreams. That's alright though, we are dreaming of going to Italy, Spain, Australia, and New Zealand. These are some amazing trips that I hope all of us make it to one of these days. Especially since our bucket lists on this post are 98% travel related. Don't stop hoping, just keep going. There were a couple of us who had dreams of completing our school. 
 There are very few of us who, if losing memories, wouldn't cherish the memory of family. Family is very important to all of us. They make us laugh and in some instances have made us cry. Especially when remembering the faces of those babies the minute they were born. Even our perfect days would mostly include family and friends. Especially those grandparents mentioned, the ones with great recipes, and being great mentors. The most common mentor I saw was Jesus Christ. Some of this group has a Christian background and loves family. We would also like to pick the brains of some of our presidents, they would be great mentors as well. Whether we are from right here in Missouri, or are from the other countries mentioned, like Mexico, France, or Japan, it looks like most of us have at least one thing in common. We are all TV watchers, at least a small portion of the time. Anywhere from cartoon characters to super hero's to even describing our lives as an on going series, we all have  this in common. Most of this class though would rather read the books if they had the choice. I hope we weren't just saying this to please our professor Ms. Anthony. This actually was the majority of our inside activities that we enjoy. You get this class outside and it seems that most of us are active. We like football, sports, working out, running, walking, and water sports. Especially now since this is the most common way for all of us to relieve our stress these days.
If we were choosing meals to eat for a month straight, a lot of us picked pasta or pizza. Sounds like we all need to go to Italy. What was interesting to me, is one of us would eat the things they normally wouldn't eat just to be healthier. I think this is great now, I just didn't have that mind set when I first heard the question. Salmon and Steak were high on that list as well.
What really amazed me was the amount of work and effort everyone put into this assignment. I loved this one. We had a total, as of today, 738 responses to all of the questions posted. With 34 of us participating, great job class.
I loved that we had so many colors of the rainbow described as our attitudes. Not really a surprise to me, but I enjoyed reading how everyone thinks of themselves. I just wonder if those colors would be the same color if we were in the classroom. Hmmmm Makes you wonder!!
I really feel like most of my peers in this class haven't been too far out of high school. Some of us have been out for several years and feel like we have some catching up to do. The most important thing is that we are here and doing just what we set out to do.
I really think that I will be more mindful of how I write and to include more descriptive writing to help paint more of a picture and be more engaging with this audience.

1 comment:

  1. Great summary. Remember to try to develop meaning when writing an analysis. Remember to ask why for each statement you create. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete