Sunday, June 29, 2014

Journal entry #3

I think I would like to tell you today what I would do if I could hire someone to do five things for me. I have always struggled with my weight my entire life. I have always thought about losing weight and lost and gained probably more weight than most people see their entire lives. I think my first thing I would hire someone to do for me is cook for me and my family. I would have them cook and prepare all of my meals 24/7. I would instruct them to make those meals healthy and flavorful. I would also have someone dress me. What I mean by that is this. I work in a job that I have to dress up a bit more than a normal job. I have a huge problem with paying full price for clothing. I like to shop on the bargain racks. That's all well and good till I get home. I buy one piece at a time, so when I get home the one piece that I bought, I can't seem to put it together with anything else that I have. If I could have someone to put them together for me and to let me know what looks good together and what doesn't. I know it sounds crazy, but I have told people for years that I could use the help. I would also hire someone to help me clean my house, especially dust. I enjoy having all dark wood furniture. The dust is just unreal. I can't keep it clean. I can dust it one day and the next day guess what? It is dusty again. I would also hire someone to drive me back and forth to work. If I could have a laptop with me to do my homework and pay my bills on the way to and from work. I live in Nixa and drive to Branson on a daily basis. It is almost a 2 hour trip per day in the car. I could get a lot of my school work done in the car in that time frame. I think the last thing I would hire someone for is a personal finance manager. I am very good with numbers, but I have a job right now that I don't have benefits and any type of retirement savings. This is one of the reasons I am going to school. I need to have a job in corporate America that offers those benefits and retirement options. I'm getting older and have lots of make up to do.
Will I ever hire someone to do these things for me? It's highly unlikely, but it sure was fun to think about some of the things that we do on a day to day basis that sometimes would just be easier to hire someone to do.
Thanks Ms. Anthony for opening up that conversation, even if it was only with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment