Sunday, July 6, 2014

Journal Entry #10

PeachTree City GA.

I recently visited PeachTree City on business. If you have never been there, I would encourage you to visit this city just about a 30 minute drive from the Atlanta airport. I was amazed at some of the things that this city is known for.
The first thing that I was amazed at was the humid climate. I know Missouri is very humid here in the summer. This is unlike anything I have ever seen (except maybe Florida in June). It is hot and sticky, you take a shower and walk outside and already you need another shower. This isn't the reason I'm writing about PeachTree today though. I was so intrigued at the way this city has put in a hundred miles of golf cart trails throughout the city. You can go anywhere on a golf cart. In fact most of the residents have a golf cart as their second vehicle. Some I would assume this is their only transportation. It is quite fascinating. I learned that most people are able to run to the grocery store, bank, and even WalMart on their little carts. They actually have special parking for these carts everywhere you go. The hotel I was staying at -Wyndham- had several out in their own spaces that you could rent while on a vacation, or business, and be able to move around this great city. I talked to one of the locals there and found out the only 2 things that could get you in huge trouble with the golf carts. Don't let anyone under the age of 12 drive the carts and don't get caught drinking in the carts while moving through the city to the local grocery stores. I also learned from some of the local people that most of the carts do not operate on gas. Most of the newer carts are electric and also have the electrical outlets for you to plug in where ever you go. The city is trying to move away from the gas carts just to make it a cleaner way of transportation. These are also good for most of the year, because it gets cold in GA, but not like Missouri winters. Wouldn't this be an amazing idea for Springfield Mo? I like this idea and propose that we go for it!!!!!!!

On my way out of Georgia, I also learned from my cab driver that PeachTree City was also built on what they call a green belt. He explained it to me. When you are driving down the street, anywhere you are headed, you don't see the grocery store signs and gas station signs high in the air. You will always see them behind the trees and very close to the ground. You will miss what you are looking for if you rely solely on signs alone. It is a beautiful place and not crowded like all the billboards that we are so used to here in Missouri.

Just a few fun facts about some places I've been! Check it out

No comments:

Post a Comment