Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Journal entry #25 Final blog post Reflection

Reflection.....................


This is how my writing went for me......


I started this class with very high expectations for myself. Learning things about myself through the entire process. I learned that I can go back to school and that I do have the ability to write more than I thought possible. Honestly when I found out I was going to have to make a blog and write every day I was a little upset. I thought blogging was more of  a social media type of thing. I know now that I can actually use my blog as more of a journal for my journey. I will probably use this tool for myself for my entire process of all of my classes.
It hasn't been easy for me with my work schedule, but I made it happen. The writing every day sometimes gets in my way if I don't have time. I did realize though through this process that I have used my blog to help calm myself down. There was one particular assignment that wasn't going well for me because I couldn't find a link for the "Research Assignment." I was making it way too hard because I thought it was something we were trying to research the library for. Well I was on my computer for about 4 hours looking for it. I was making myself ill, and wondering what the hell I was going to do. I opened my blog and started writing and found that it helped just to write about it. That's how powerful it was for me.  This tool has allowed me to bring back some great memories of things that I haven't thought about in a long time and has given me a way to put them down on paper because I don't keep a journal.
I feel like I can put things on my blog that maybe are not so appropriate for the classroom discussions. Like things about my struggles and my personal life. These are useful tools to me since I don't really have too many people I can talk to about these things since it is an online class. Some of my struggles would be, trying to get to a computer every day to be able to write on the blog. I was able to overcome this by writing a couple blogs on some days and writing at all hours of the day or night. Sometimes it is hard to find things to write about, the blog prompts that you (Ms. A.) post on the resources button allowed me a few times to write some fun things. THANK YOU!
I feel like this class was a refresher in some ways, but some of the things that I learned weren't even things that I learned in high school because that was almost 30 years ago for me. I do know that everything I'm taking away from this class will be things that I am able to use through my journey of going back to school.
I feel like writing the blogs everyday helped me keep on track because it was more fun than I thought it would be. It was actually the fun part of the class. I have never thought of myself as a writer, and still don't, but I think now I CAN if I put my mind to it. It's just not as enjoyable for me as it might be for other people.
I actually like the Blog and will probably keep writing, even though we don't have to. :) 

Ms. Anthony, you have pushed me to my limits, thank you. I didn't think it was possible to get this much done in an eight week period, but we did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment