Sunday, July 13, 2014

Journal entry #17

I have been thinking so much  of my grandma of late. She was such an amazing woman with lots of children. I am to write an essay for this week and wondering if I should write about her house that my grandfather built with the huge hill that she would pile the kids in a jeep and run us up the mountain so long ago. I'm wondering if I should write about the wood shop my grandfather had outside the house where he would make boats and sell to other people. Im wondering if I should write about the cellar that we all had to cram into while a tornado ripped through the town on Christmas Eve one year. I'm wondering if I should write about the Current River that she lived so close to. Or If I should write about that same river running through her kitchen and bedroom the few years it rained so much it flooded her entire house. Should I write about all the canning she did in her kitchen the years I went to her house and helped her pick all the tomatoes or the green beans. Should I write about the year my grandpa took Sam Walton on the river and was his tour guide. Should I write about the years my grandparents owned their own float business. They had the canoes and inner tubes that they rented to people, and would take them up the river and pick them up after a long day floating this dangerous river. Should I write about the Big Springs that we went to on many occasions and had family reunions and had all our families there with us. I could write about so many things, I'm at a loss right now trying to decide what I want to write about. I know that when I do write it, it won't do my grandmother justice. I can't put into words how I felt about her. I really miss her right now and the words are hard to come by. I do know that with each assignment that comes closer to being done for this English class I'm in right now, I think more and more about the life of younger years. I want to go back and show my grandmother what I truly thought of her before she died. I want to take more pictures and remember her with more vivid details. My grandmothers house was a place of peace and coming home. I was always so excited to see her, we lived almost 3 hours from her and didn't see her as much as we should have.

Now that I am a grandmother, I hope that one day my grandkids will feel the same about me and wish they could see me more. Family is so important. I can't imagine life without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment