Thursday, July 3, 2014

Journal Entry # 8

Where I have always wanted to live..........
When I was quite a bit younger, I always thought I wanted to move to Montana and live off the land. How cool would it be to build your own house from the land. I'm talking about buying a huge piece of land that has never been touched. You go in and clear the land with your own hands. You build your house out of logs, just like they used to do. Cut all the trees down (only the ones needed for your log cabin) clean them of any wild limbs and leaves. Cut and notch them out to fit just perfect together. Build your house from the ground up, while living in a tent or smaller cabin. Growing your own garden. You could have anything in this garden you would like. Don't grow anything that you don't like. Get you some cows for your own milk and beef source. Chickens for your own drumsticks and eggs. I think this would be the life. You know like the reality TV series of Survivor, but better. Not to win a million dollars, just to live, live peaceful. I think that if you are working for something this hard, you are certainly going to appreciate it more. I would love to live close enough to the river for the water source for your animals. Build your own barn for the horses that are sure to help you out time and again. Something has always fascinated me about this kind of life. Making your own butter and canning your own vegetables. Making due with what you have and not needing anything you don't have. I just think the simpler times were amazing, you did what you had to do to survive.

Well....... Now that I'm a bit older, I don't think I will be moving anywhere up North. The older I get the more I hate the winters. So cold. I even freeze in the summer time just being in the air conditioner. I would keep my house about 77 or 78 degrees if it wasn't for smothering my family. I don't know how this all came to be, but I would much rather be hot than cold. You always hear people say "I would much rather be cold than hot, I can put more clothes on, but can't take them all off." I'm the exact opposite. I can't put enough on. I'm freezing while writing today. I think I'm going to go get my snuggy I got for Christmas one year from my mom and bundle up.

I think if I ever move out of Missouri, it will be somewhere south of Missouri... HMMMMM
The possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment