Sunday, July 6, 2014

Journal Entry #9

If I won the Powerball

I have always been one to play the powerball or some of the other games offered to make yourself a millionaire overnight. I think I would at least hire someone who is going to help me track my money. I would also move somewhere that no one knows me. Okay 2 steps out of the way. I would certainly travel, but the most important thing I would do is help my family. I see a lot of great people who have struggled their entire lives just raising a family. I would want to help them out to give them that peace of mind for the rest of their lives. I have a mother who lives with me, and who has lived with me for almost eight years. She has always taken care of me and I would love to make sure that she could go anywhere she pleases without guilt for the rest of her life. I know my kids are going to struggle, that's just what we all do until we work really hard for what we want. If I won the lottery today, I wouldn't just give my kids their hearts desires. I would make them go to school and get an education. I would set up a trust for them with contingencies, that they had to either be a certain age, or complete certain tasks before they could touch the money. I see several people that I work with and several of my friends that have struggled and who are very good people. I would be taking care of these people in a way that I know would benefit other less fortunate people. I can honestly say that I would not buy the fanciest cars and houses. I know there are people out there who need the daily basics. I would like to set up shelter for people who could come in and learn some sort of trade that would help their families survive. I don't believe in standing on the street corner with a sign that you are hungry, when I see the "now hiring" sign behind you at the McDonalds. I sometimes think people play on others emotions to get what they want. I have always heard people say that the people with the signs are making more money peddling than what I do. Whether this is true or not, I don't agree with it. You should work for what you want. I know there are circumstances sometimes out of our control, I get it. But I have always been a firm believer that you don't work, you don't eat. I would most certainly find a few families that really need the help and put them in a much better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment